Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Everybody Needs a Hero, heres mine...



"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it's realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy"

-Congressman Ron Paul M.D.


Tomorrow
I will be casting my vote for Ron Paul in the Michigan Primary. Through campaigning, spreading the word to friends and family, I am confident that 10 votes for Ron Paul will be cast that would not have been had I done nothing.


When all is said and done, I do not believe that he will win Michigan, however, this will be the first vote I have ever cast in my life that will make me feel good about myself. I am voting for a man of honor, integrity, and I will be able to look myself in the mirror knowing I did everything I could to make a difference.

This election I will not cast a vote for the lesser of two evils, I will be casting a vote for the greater good, and I am proud as hell of everyone else who does the same.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I do not believe that he will win Michigan, however, this will be the first vote I have ever cast in my life that will make me feel good about myself."

And rightly so! Even if the doctor won't become president, his supporters helping him to stay in the race will shape the campaigns and influence the discusions. Regardless of ideological differences (I'm an Edwards fan), every prominent voice calling for withdrawal from Iraq is tremendously important in these times. So, good luck to Ron Paul, who has to be respected for speaking truth to power.

Malcolm said...

If you've already voted -- how busy was your polling place?

I voted about 9 AM, and it was dead. (Out in Sterling Heights)

Either the hour, or the snow, or the lack of a democratic race had me nearly alone.

Chris said...

I voted at Grand Blanc Highschool and there were only like 3 or 4 people there. However, it was like 11:00 AM so most people are at work.

I think I was #77, so that means only 76 other people had voted all morning.

Low turnout will probably be a good thing for Ron Paul.

I am really hoping for double digit support so he gets some delegates.

Malcolm said...

You may be right.

Based on all of the problems this time around, there will probably be an abnormally low turnout, which will help the RP supporters.

HP supporters don’t have a problem with snow; they’ll show up early, and probably chase the guy plowing the streets trying to lecture them on the constitution.

I think that MI is probably his best shot. We’re known for being a pain-in-the-a*s. It’s that “Detroit mentality” people always talk about.

Chris said...

I am kind of discouraged because yesterday I still had a few people at work say, "Who is Ron Paul?"

I tried my best to educate them, the problem is the media never covers him and unfortunately that is where most people get their info.

I think a lot more people would have voted for Ron Paul had they watched a few youtube videos.

Anonymous said...

Paul on a solid 4th place now, way ahead of Fred and Rudy. Looking at the idiculous numbers of those two, barely ahead of the "uncommited" vote, I can't understand why those comedians are still in the race. They are increasingly looking like a parody of Laurel and Hardy, but certainly not like reasonable candidates...

However, this shows again that Ron Paul manages to inspire more voters than those two overhyped clowns, even when fighting against a hostile media and without big donors pushing him. Very respectable.


View My Stats